The Beauty of Extracurricular Activities

The Beauty of Extracurricular Activities

Welcome Introverts, Reserved Ones and All Visitors as All are Welcome,

Today I want to talk to you about the great benefits of joining clubs/groups/organizations that specifically suit your interests.  Joining groups and activities that are relevant to what you’re interested in is so much fun, let me just say.  You get to be around people who like the same things that you like and enjoy each others company.  The good thing about joining special interest groups for introverts and reserved individuals is that they open up great conversations that you can effectively contribute to and feel confident doing so.  You’ll be surprised about how included you feel and how much you talk! You’ll most likely make new friends and have lasting friendships.  This happened to me this year.  Actually it was a two year process.  In the beginning of my eleventh grade year, I joined my school’s Christian Club.  It was only a few of us at first.  There were never really a lot of people in the club.  The Christian Club fluctuated and grew over the two year period; some people graduated, some joined other after-school activities, new people came etc.  Despite the many subtle changes that occurred, the group was always small and intimate.  I loved Christian Club; in fact, it was my favorite extracurricular activity.  We met on Wednesdays and talked about what we learned in Church that Sunday, how to handle things that the average teen goes through from a Christian perspective, and other matters of faith and everyday life.  We also planned and completed community service activities.  I enjoyed all of this.  Specifically, when I recall my high school Christian Club days, I remember the Jericho Walk.  We split it into two parts.  The first time we walked around the school three times, and the second time we walked around the school four times like the Israelites walked around the Jericho wall during the Battle of Jericho.   During this time, we sang uplifting songs and worshiped God together.  I’m not really one to sing, especially in the hallways at school but this was so much fun.  We prayed also.  It was great.  I talked to those around me and felt that I could be my full self.  In my mental diary of high school memories, I remember this as my favorite day of school.  Just think about it; a shy girl walking around the hallways of her school, high school that is, singing songs, smiling and talking.  That’s the beauty of joining extracurricular activities that revolve around things that you’re interested in.  You are allowed to be your full self and met people with kindred hearts, spirits and min
ds.  It’s great! You should try it.


With my Deepest Devotion,
Unashamed Introvertish Girl   

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top