Love Track#6 The Time I Stopped Caring

I stopped caring when I was sixteen years old. 

At this age, so much goes on.  There’s peer pressure, boyfriend/girlfriend drama, social changes and so much more.  You've seen it, in person, and on the movies, I’m almost sure.

Thankfully, at this age, I stopped caring.  Not about school, or health, or my future or anything like that, but about the trivial things of this Earth.

I was able to get closer to God at this time.  I spent a lot of time reading the Bible, meditating (listening to God), and praying (talking to God). 

It all sprouted from a conference I went to with my church that year.  I was forever changed.

The choice to ignore the drama of my day wasn't even my own.  It was something natural, not even automatic, but natural. 

A lot of stuff, mean little jokes, stress over appearance, etc. didn't even phase me.  My faith in God was bigger than it all.

This is not to say that I did not have hard times, trials, or upsets during this time.  They still existed, but they didn't sting or linger on my mind as much, when I did acknowledge them.

I began to share pieces of information that I learned during this time over Facebook and scriptures that really spoke to me with others almost every night.

This was one of the best times of my life.  I experienced so much peace.

I also was able to connect with other Christians and become friends with them during this time.  That also came naturally.

As the years went by; however, I became busier and busier.  For my eleventh, and twelfth grade years of high school, I was in the IB program.  It’s supposed to be international, so no matter where in the world you are, you may have heard about it.

If not, it’s a rigorous, two year program where high school students are taught college level courses from an international perspective.

During those years, my school work and extracurricular activities heavily demanded my attention, and I gave it to them.

I was still growing in my faith and relationship with God, but school work and after school activities did cut into that time a little.

However, thankfully, one of the activities I joined during my eleventh grade year was the Christian Club.  It was a small groups of Jesus-loving teenagers who were able to connect by their common bond of loving God. 

It helped me to have more time for my relationship development with God, and helped to maintain that beautifully, pure peace that I had had closer encounters with the years before. 

Part of the reason why this blog is called Unashamed Introvertish Girl, is because I am unashamed of my Christian faith.  It is very important to me.  It’s part of who I am which makes it part of my story.

I respect other religions and philosophies, but this is what I believe. 

I just want to share a little bit more about the things that keep me constant and steady, and since it’s New Year’s Eve, I thought I’d share this particular post with you.

Perhaps you want to, if you do these, make a New Year’s Resolution to get to a place of peace, for the first time, or again.  Perhaps you want to get to a place of peace, a place of “not caring” about the superficial, and focusing on the things most important to you in life.

I was just thinking yesterday, and my resolution is definitely along the lines of this.

It’s not too late to get to know God.

Anyway, I wish you the best this New Year!  I pray that you find true peace, purpose, identity, and joy!

Happy New Year,

Unashamed Introvertish Girl


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top