To Work or To Rest?


Do you ever look up on your daily commute and wonder where the heck you’re going? 

A daily Waltz that never ends
Spins and spins
Around a room full of the same faces
In the same spaces
Until someone trips
And everyone falls

Now what? That’s the question we’re all asking each other from the ground. All eye to eye, looking around. What now?

What now?

Should I rest or should I hustle? Should I lay down, or should I build some muscle? Suddenly, the room looks different. 

Life can be like that. We get so busy going about our daily routine, the same steps everyday, that it’s dizzying. 

We loose clarity, and all we can think about is crossing things off of our “To Do List.” These past few months have given us time to take a closer look at our lives and determine whether they truly line up with God’s vision for us.

Are we moving to meet the world’s demands or to please God? Do we even know what direction we are going in? You can have a schedule full of activities but be doing nothing toward your God-given purpose.

God speaks.

Not only is this a time to listen, but it’s a time to carefully act, to change paths and to start moving in the right direction. What looks like a tragedy, could really be an opportunity. 

I thank God for newly answered prayers and freshly cleared paths. 

With Love,
Monet Alexus

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
~Matthew 11:28-30

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top