An Introverted Goodbye/Keeping in Touch

An Introverted Goodbye/Keeping in touch

Good Day Introverts, Reserved Ones, All of those who want to learn more about us, and All visitors,

Recently, I have had to say goodbye to a lot of people and activities that I have gotten used to and comfortable with. I have said good bye to the members of the dance team, the national honor society, my Taekwondo school, people that I had several classes with and soon, by the end of the summer, people from my church, including the kids that I have been blessed to work with for several years. I’ve just graduated high school and things are about to be very different. I’m soon to be in the process of developing a new normal. Sometimes for us it is hard to adapt to a “new normal” but that’s not what I’m talking about just yet. Before we enter into a new normal, I want to talk about staying in touch. As I sat down and read my year book after graduation practice, I saw a couple of signatures with people saying we should keep in touch and toward the last couple of weeks of school (the most nerve racking if you ask me), mostly all of the seniors and everyone with some type of connection with a senior were talking about keeping in touch and the effects of going separate ways. The list of people to keep in touch with including peers and older adults became quite extensive. For some of us, skills like keeping in touch are very difficult and can be confusing. This situation has come up before, but now its more serious than ever. Although this is difficult, I believe we can do this. J The first step, that will make this process less complicated and more conquerable is to make a list of everyone who you need to keep in touch with. Making a list will help you to stay organized and help not to forget about anyone. Also, looking at the list a few times will help you to think about each person, your relationship with them and what you will talk about when you call. Another step is to develop a schedule of the times when you will call each person. This can be done using a wall calendar, a phone calendar or any type of calendar that you own. This can strengthen the relationship and let the person you are communicating with know that you are truly interested in them and that you truly care. This is what I will be doing through out college so that I can keep in touch with those that I need to and at the same time strengthen our relationship. We can do it!


Wishing You Strong, Healthy and Lasting Relationships,

Unashamed Introvertish Girl


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top