Love Track#7: How to Change for the Better (Hint: It begins with ‘W’ and it’s not wait!)

Not too long ago, before my very eyes, a few words of advice came alive in my life.

The words of advice were gifted to me during a conversation with a mentor of mine.  She told me something that has helped me to this day.

This mentor was very instrumental in teaching me about Christ all throughout my youth, and even today as an adult. 

The words of advice are very sacred to me, but I firmly believe that they can build self-love, so I’ll share them. 

The words were, once you get older you start to see things in yourself that you make a personal goal to “work on” or better.

It seems like a simple concept, and it is.  But the most amazing thing about it is that it can break down so many stifling complexities that we have in our lives.

There are many not-widely-known secrets to maturity and growth.  What I told you was just one of them (Shhhhhh).  Some, you’ll discover through people who are kindhearted enough to tell you, and others, you’ll just have to learn on your own.  

Please don’t let these words go in one ear, and out the other.  Even if you do, I think that at some point they’ll come flying right back into you, deeper than an epiphany, more like a spiritual understanding. 

To the introverts and shy, don’t let labels given to you by someone else or yourself define you.  Look for your identity in Christ and then write your own definition beside your name in the dictionary, and put your own favorite selfie there.  That’s not exactly how dictionary’s work, but you know what, make your own dictionary too!

As for me, I’m still working on things.  It’s a never ending cycle. 



With a Sincere Heart,

Unashamed Introvertish Girl

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top