Summer Parties

Summer Parties

So its summer time. Lots of thing are going on every day and especially during weekend. You may have even been invited to a few yourself. If you haven’t then you’re not alone. I don’t get that many invites either. But when I do, I try not to get too nervous about it if I plan on going, because guess what, introverts can still have fun at parties. If your absolutely freaking out then don’t go; it takes time to get comfortable with these types of things. However, if you are ready to start attending these festive social gatherings, I have a few tips on how to enjoy yourself.


Tip 1: Go with someone you know well, who you trust and understands your personality.
When I was in middle school, we had an eighth grade prom (I will tell you about my high school prom in another post. It was fun, but I’ll tell you the rest later.). It was one of the most fun nights of my life back then. I was with about six or seven of my closest friends. We all loved reading, studying and pretty much all of us placed in the school science fair that year. The point is, we were alike, we had similar interests and we understood each other. Not all of us were introverts but the fact that we all liked the same things dispelled shyness and provoked stimulating conversation. The eighth grade prom started around seven o’ clock and ended around ten o’ clock. It was on a boat which traveled a few miles on a local river and then turned around. It was a very memorable night. Every time I think about this event a clip plays over and over in my head of my old best friend on my left and my principle on the right teaching me the Cupid Shuffle ( a line dance). LoL!


Tip 2: (If you’re going to a party where you don’t really know anyone.) Locate a generous looking person or group of people that you will feel comfortable hanging out with for the duration of the celebration.
Although it is often times difficult to determine who you should go up to and hang out with at a party, this suggestion is worthwhile. It can make a world of a difference as it relates to your overall party experience. All you have to do is briefly scan the room and look for someone who you feel you may like to mingle with. Use good judgment when going about this process because depending on the type of party and the crowd of people at the party this could be dangerous. Just so you know, I’m not one to attend the wild and crazy parties, so the type of parties that I attend, when I do go, and when I am invited are pretty controlled and mellow. Keep in mind that it is best to do this with two or more people for safety reasons. Nothing to be alarmed about, just something to keep in mind. This method, is however very effective when used. In tenth grade, when I went out on a whim and decided to go to the homecoming dance, I sat all alone for a while. A few people that I knew came up an said “Hi,” and asked me if I was okay and everything then went on their way. Later, a girl from my Algebra 1 class in ninth grade and her friend came up and started talking. I was grateful that someone finally took interest. Not that I was sitting around waiting for someone, but you know what I mean. Anyway, the girl let me walk around and mingle and everything with her and her friend. In this instance, it was sort of the other way around but it still shows how there are very considerate people out there, and all we need is to give ourselves a little push sometimes. I will always remember this kind gesture.


Tip 3 : Use the old “Hi” and “Bye” routine.
Sometimes when I’m at a large gathering, and I get tired of sitting down the entire time, I’ll make my way across the room and in the process of doing so I greet those whom I may know. It doesn’t have to be long and drawn out it can just be a simple “hello.” That way you can interact with others at the party and nine times out of ten, the more talkative party goers will say more that “Hi” back to you. Your simple greeting could strike up an entire conversation started by the person that you greeted. If it doesn’t, that’s okay too. This is also good if you add a “How are you,” to the greeting because it shows that you have an actual interest in the person with which you are speaking.


Tip 4 : Say a prayer before you go.
Saying a prayer before you can do wonders. It can calm your nerves and grant you assurance that no matter what happens at this social gathering you will remain confident an love your self! This one is my favorite, btw.


 
These are just a few tips that have worked for me during parties and small social gatherings. Do what’s best for you and what makes you comfortable. I hope you benefit from these suggestions!

 

With Sincerity,

Unashamed Introvertish Girl


 
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top