A commute to chipotle and a walk to Wendy’s.

Good Day Introverts, reserved ones and all :)

Have you ever had to sit, walk, or go through and process, serious and/or non serious alone, I have. With many strange looks and nasty-ignorant comments accompanying me. Not to put to much focus on myself, but the thing that trips people up with me, is that I'm a bold introvert. I stand alone a lot of times but I walk with my head up, I’m on the dance team (I'll tell you more about that later), and when people stare, I look back. But anyway, its okay to go through some things alone, be mindful that God is right there with you so you're not really alone, but more like the earthly version of alone. I know that God is with me and that he has a plan for me. That keeps me going. The same goes for all of us. Also, although its very difficult when you first start doing so, forgiving those who make these comments and trying to understand why they are the way they are helps to eliminate bitterness. Today I am at graduation practice. They gave us two hours to go out for lunch on both days. Today is day two. This wasn't just any old lunch break. They let us go off of campus for lunch. On day one I started out of a fast food restaurant right by my school. The place was right around the corner but I know my mom wouldn't want me to walk alone, and I figured it was best to walk with a group for safety reasons. A girl from my classes that has a jeep asked me where I was going. I told her but she and her friends wanted to go somewhere else so I said okay. It was a really nice gesture from a trusted and responsible peer. I thanked her at least three times. When we got there, she dropped us off at the front of the restaurant. When she came back into the restaurant after parking she had a concerned look on her face. She said something about her car to her main girls in front of her. It sounded like she said someone was smoking by her car. How terrible, I thought, but didn’t think too much of it. Later, I heard correctly and realized that she said her car was smoking! I sort of panic internally and stopped eating politely. She got some guys from the auto mechanic program at our school to look at it and they said it was nothing too serious. We weren’t stranded. This day, I was reminded that there are still people out their who care about you and have interest in your [our] wellbeing despite our major differences from the world. I don't know what level of introversion or shyness you are on but for whatever level you are on I just wanted to say don’t give up on yourself or the possibility of one day having great, times with close/best friends. Many of you may already have these types pf relationships but not everyone does. Remember that God is always with you and has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, of love and of a sound mind. Don't stop taking wise chances in life! Don’t stop believing!

 

 

With understanding,

Unashamed Introvertish Girl.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top