Dress to Relieve Stress

Dress to Relieve Stress

Good Day Introverts, Reserved Ones, and Everyone who wants to learn more about us!

Today I want to talk about the power of taking more time out to pay attention to your style. Don’t get me wrong; I’m not about to give you fashion tips, but I will explain to you the importance of putting just a little more time in your style choices. Its really easy actually. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to do this either. When you pick out the clothes that you really feel good in, it is an attitude booster. There’s lots of nice clothes out there, but when you find the apparel that is right for you, you’ll notice there’s an instant boost of happiness and confidence. I’m not saying go out and become bankrupt in order to become happy. There are always thrift stores and other stores that sell clothes at a reasonable price. Outfits do not have to cost a large sum of money to look good on you. To me, buying clothes is a process of finding what complements you, makes you smile at yourself, and look at yourself with high esteem. I am not condoning conceit in anyway; however, I am promoting confidence and awareness of self identity. I don’t think you should find self-identity in the clothes you wear at all; that just leads to a life of confusion. Instead I’m saying, make this what seems to many of us a menial part of life into something very useful. Finding clothes that are absolutely for you can bring out your personality and help you with self expression. Many of us reserved one and/or introverts do not often express ourselves to the majority, an I’m not saying do this to prove a point or anything, I’m just saying use it as an outlet. When I went prom dress shopping before my senior prom, my mom and I had just walked into a store full of beautiful dresses. There were long dresses, quinceañ era dresses, rhinestone decorated dress, fluffy dresses, baby baptism dresses, sleek dresses, wedding dresses, you name it. They all looked so pretty, but then my eyes stumbled upon this awkward looking red dress. It was sort of hanging off of the hanger. It felt like the dress called my name, so I told my mom I wanted to try it on ant it was beautiful. It was a knee length red dress with wavy ruffles at the bottom and a fitted halter top. It had roses on the front and roses on the back. I felt it was just right for me and my personality, and I felt good in it. When shopping with this frame of mind you do not have to be preparing for a formal event, it can be anything, a baseball game, a movie date or whatever. Do what makes you feel confident and what makes you feel you. Be who God created you to be in every area of your life. The next time I go shopping, I’ll keep this in mind!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top