Don't Believe the Lies (21 The Blog Series)


Sometimes I feel like I shouldn’t be a blogger.  Maybe I should just sit down and shut up.  Who qualified me to start a website and talk about God, anyway?  What have I achieved that people should take the time out to read or glean from?

Sometimes when I’m in pursuit of my God given goals, these types of questions fly around in my head.  I sometimes feel like what I’m not disqualifies me from what I can be.  I used to often look at my future through the scope of my current challenges and struggles and I sometimes still have to remind myself not to do this.

Many times the doubt we hear in our mind is the voice of the enemy trying to discourage us from being all that God has called us to be.  If he can get you to forget who you are and Whose you are, then he can convince you that you can’t do what God has equipped you to do.

Since the beginning of time, the enemy has tried to convince God’s children to step outside of God’s will for their lives through lies.  Look at Adam and Eve and the lie they unfortunately fell for.  They ate fruit from a tree that God specifically told them not to eat from.  God’s plan for them was an amazing life in the beautiful and resourcefully plentiful garden of Eden, but by listening to satan they ended up having to be banished from the garden. 

Although Adam and Eve weren’t experiencing an identity crisis, they believed a lie that led them to a life that was so much less than they were meant to live.  When we believe that we are not who God has created us to be, then we do the same thing.  We sentence ourselves to a life that’s much less than what we were meant to have.

When we believe the lies we unconsciously reject God’s plan for our lives.  What lie are you believing that’s stopping you from reaching your full potential in Christ?

Rebuke it, reject it and believe that you are who God says you are.  When we realize who we are in Christ we can go on using our gifts, talents, abilities and qualities to help others do the same.

One Way the Bible Describes Us
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.”

~1 Peter 2:9-10

Jesus Charge to His Disciples (Followers)
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[d]


~Matthew 28:18-20

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top