Prom Part Two

Prom Part Two

Good Day Introverts, Reserved Ones and All Visitors as all are welcome,
Today I will finish up the discussion about my experience at prom.  To access Part One of this topic, refer to my previous post.  After we saw my friend from a class that I had my eleventh grade year, we saw that we were not the first ones there, but among the first.  She greeted us with a smile and we conversed lighted for a few minutes.  We sat down in the lobby area of the prom until we were allowed to go in.  I wasn’t sure what to expect before I left home, but I knew that this was going to be a good night.  Nothing could ruin my prom night.  I figured that since I was there I might as well have a good time.  From the balcony we watched others pull up in various types of limos and antique cars.  We saw several different types of dresses, tuxedos and suits of all different types of styles, colors and designs.  At 9:00 the teachers who assisted with the prom told us that we could go in.  We were the first three people in the room.  The room was full of tables and decorated with accents of blue and green.  The dance floor was in the center of the room surrounded by tables and a slideshow was in one corner. In another corner a man stood behind a counter serving blue soft drinks.  Toward the edge of the dance floor, the food buffet stood with smoke coming from each dish.   Next we went to vote and then take pictures which is where we started to see more of our classmates, many of them unrecognizable out of their uniform.  As time went by the room began to fill with excited seniors.  Everyone was extremely nice that night and glad to see one other.  The night was full of smiles, hugs and complements among students.  It’s something about prom night that brings everyone together.  As a reserved person, I appreciated the kind mood because it eliminated fear and nervousness.  It was easy to start conversations and move around the room.  I was grateful that I was able to see my old friend because I had someone that I felt comfortable talking to and that encouraged me to participate in the nights events.  I danced a little toward the back of the dance floor because there was a lot less people in the back than in any other area.  The serious dancers were in the middle.  Towards the end of the night, the DJ played many familiar dance songs which was my favorite part of the night.  I ended up dancing near two other friends that I had met over the last four years.  I was able to be my same introvertish, reserved self throughout the night and still enjoy myself.  I even engaged in discussion for longer periods of time than usual.   Prom night taught me that you should never go outside of your own character or personality in order to accomplish a goal.  You’ll end up lost and unaccomplished.  No one can be a better you than you.  Discover who you are be that person to the fullest.  Appreciate yourself no matter how different you are than everyone else, because you are who you are.



            With Great Memories,
Unashamed Introvertish Girl    



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top