Getting Settled into University

Getting Settled into University


Good Day Introverts, Reserved Ones and All Visitors,
I know that I haven’t posted in a while, but just know that I do care, I am still an introvert and a reserved individual.  I’m actually writing this from my dorm. I’m finally here in college! Yay!  I’m actually in my dorm room alone, everyone else is at a party.  They were nice and thoughtful enough to invite me, but totally respected the fact that I didn’t want to go.  Just know, I’m about to enter into night two and honestly, college can be tough on an introvert.  Everyone is so open and social skills are a big thing.  It’s nothing to worry about, it just takes some time to adjust to.  I’ve taken minni risks on small things like going to restaurants with people from my floor who I don’t know completely and starting conversations with random people.  I’ll admit, orientation is kind of an all up in your face kind of thing, but it’s all for the purpose of getting to know one another.  So far it’s okay, it’s good.  Despite the fact that I am still socializing and being my full self, people have already labeled me pretty much the same way they did in high school, shy, quiet, soft-spoken etc; however, it’s something different about the labeling this time.  It’s easier to handle because I have embraced who I am.  Not that I’m letting people define me, but I am being comfortable in my own skin.  Tomorrow I meet with my advisor where we will discuss what changes I will make with my academics.  I want to be challenged more academically.  I miss all of my family and friends.  There are about 4,000 new freshmen here at my school, but I’m staying focused on what’s important, and I’m making it.  I also now realize how much I really love and appreciate God.  He’s right here with me.  He always has been and always will be.  Have a great week at school, work, or where ever you’re starting your week! More updates about my college experience are on the way!



Keeping God First,

Unashamed Introvertish Girl  

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top