The Unashamed Introvertish Girl Returns......

For those interested in taking a look into the eye of a reserved soul,
I’ve been behind on writing and there is so much to be told.  I am truly sorry for the delay and I will try my best to catch up on the things that I missed.  One of my earliest experiences was going to the mall with my roommates and one of my roommate’s friends.  This was around the first or second week of school (college:).  One of my roommates has a car and another loves to shop, so off we went to the local mall which happens to be about 6 minutes away driving and 15 minutes away walking.  When we got to the mall, it wasn’t really a social thing like I thought it might be.  Each girl went their separate ways and rarely spoke.  It was like some type of shopping trance which, once I think about it isn’t completely surprising for eighteen year old girls.  I didn’t speak much during this venture to the mall, but I did manage to tell one of my roommates that she had a very nice car (You can’t say I didn’t try), and a few other phrases.  The only social awkwardness that came was when everyone else was still shopping and I was finished.  I went to the mall expecting to buy only a few things that I absolutely needed, but everyone else basically saw it as a shopping spree.  I guess that something to keep in mind when you plan on going shopping with others is telling them your intent.  It doesn’t have to be a majorly formal discussion, but a conversation where you know just enough to know what you’re getting yourself into.  In my spare, non-shopping moments, I did manage to see a few other people from school and say hi.  I even joined a group of people who were also not shopping at the moment; they were sitting towards the front of the store.  Even though this was just a simple trip to the mall, which many of us have done what may seems like thousands of times before, I learned something.  From my very first trip to the mall with peers, I learned the importance of trial and error living.  When I say trial and error living, I don’t mean making careless decisions that can have dangerous repercussions or negative effects, I mean taking chances that you may not ever get again or may not come around again for years.  So the next time you get a great social opportunity that you want to take but are crippled by fear of what awkward social interactions may ensue or what others may say about you and your beautifully reserved personality, remember that God made you this way for a reason and that a situation like this may not come around again for a long time.  In remembering this, keep in mind the intentions of the company that requests your presence, where this group/person is asking you to go, and what you all will actually do.  Safety is primary when it comes to choosing social situations and even friends.  You can do it and it is definitely worth it in the end!


        With New Knowledge,
Unashamed Introvertish Girl






p.s. I know introvertish is not officially a word ;)    

~Stay tuned for a video review of upcoming topics!~ 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top