Labels and Brand Names

Good day people! To the introverts out there an even those who aren’t introverts, have you ever felt like a person or a group of people didn’t know you adequately so in an attempt to do so they gave you a name that wasn’t even yours? I don’t literally mean a name like Thomas Jefferson or Maya Angelou, I mean like a label that describes who you are. With introverts, shy people or those who just are very loquacious (talkative), we sometimes face this problem. Because sometimes people don’t know us to an adequate extent, they feel the need to tell us who we are now and who were destined to be. This act is unintentional most of the time and meant to cause no harm but beware my fellow introverts and non loquacious persons, the effects of this can be harmful. Sometimes when this happens and we began to listen to everybody's opinion of us day by day and night by night, we can forget who we really are and who we're are truly destined to be. I'm not saying that helpful advice should be rejected, but I am saying that one should remember who they truly are in the midst of advice. Don’t ever forget who God created you to be or the gift that He has given you specifically. Others may not be able to see these extraordinary gifts and talents yet, but if you stay true to who you really are, they will see these amazing things in due season. Lots of people, when I told them what I wanted to be after college chuckled. It was not meant to be disrespectful but I guess they found it extremely ironic. After college, I’d like to become a broadcast journalist, and so far, though many have given me their own labels and brand names, my dream is not deferred. Stay tuned to part 2 of this topic!




Lots of Love J

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top