Love Track #4 Remember Me?

Remember me? 

I was there.  Before you let a million people, dress you up and dress you down with words.  Before you began to see yourself the way those who misunderstood you saw you.  Before you forgot who you were.  Remember me?

Today I want to talk to you about self-perception.  Self-perception is one of the most powerful things on this earth.  It has lead people to go on to do great things such as end poverty, and convince entire nations to be at peace with one another.  It has also lead people to plummet into downward spirals of violence, drugs and misery. 

Self-perception has the power not only to affect and change you, but to change the entire world.  It is indeed powerful.  I’m not gonna lie to you guys, and I’m not gonna water anything down.  My self-perception is heavily rooted in my faith.

I’m a follower of Jesus. 

Sometimes we all forget our self-value and self-worth.  Some of us may have never really been acquainted with it.  You may never have low self-image problems.  I don’t know.

This is a threat especially to introverts and the mysteriously distinctive shy population.  Oftentimes we don’t talk.  We may not come around much either.  But when we do talk, it may not be a lot.  And when we do come around, we might not say anything. So, and?

We are not like most of the extroverted population.  I love you guys, and I have nothing against you, just to be clear.  But right now I’m talking to the introverts and anyone curios, open-minded and/or kind enough to listen.  That would be anyone reading this right now (you).

People oftentimes don’t know us, but a lot of people are very convinced that they have us figured out.  They think they know us so much so that they have the audacity to talk about us.  And give other people the run down on who we are.

The things they say can be general and unassuming.  But oftentimes they are racked with details about how we are cold, or aloof, or arrogant or unstable we are.  I am not trying to be negative.  Negativity is not a friend of mine.

I know these things because I have heard them.  I’m not making this up. 

So introverts, demure, how do you respond? I hope you don’t let it get to you.  I hope that you’re not listening to the point where you think you’re this wrongly made or wrongly placed on this earth person.

Because you’re not.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).  You’re also royalty (1 Peter 1:29)!  You are sons and daughters of the King.

I cannot say that I have found my self-worth, if I am not looking for it in Christ.  Knowing that I am a child of God helps me to remember who I truly am.

Otherwise, I’m lost.  So that’s my secret.  I just thought I’d share it with you all.  In case you forgot who you really were.






With Knowledge of Who I Really Am,
Unashamed Introvertish Girl

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top